Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Help getting started.

To: Toby_Buck@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Help getting started.
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:49:09 +0100

> [...]  My problem is when I type start in the server it
> kicks off all the clients and gives me these error messages.

> 0: Could not find readable ruleset file "default/techs.ruleset" in data path
> 0:The data path may be set via the environment variable FREECIV_PATH
> 0: Current data path is: ".:data:/home/tbuck/ .freeciv:/usrshare/freeciv"

Yes, this is a known problem.  The problem being that the server will only
look for the rulesets to use at the moment the game is started.
If no rulesets are found (because of an incorrect $FREECIV_PATH, presumably)
the server will quit.  Not very friendly.

$FREECIV_PATH must be a :-separated list of data/ directories, directories
in which the different rulesets are found.  If you set 'set techs civ1',
for example, it  will scan these directories for a civ1/techs.ruleset.

--
Reinier