Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy version 2

To: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy version 2
From: Enrico Fracasso <i3101446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:34:49 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Stephen Hodge wrote:

> Enrico Fracasso wrote:
> > On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Stephen Hodge wrote:
> > > My question is: should we be excluding the likes of Stalin and Hitler
> > > because their attrocities where committed recently, yet allow the Julius
> > > Caesers, and the Atilas just because they did their evils a few thousand
> > > years earlier? And then the way I play (destroying cities completely if
> > > their position is not good) maybe Stalin and Hitler would be
> > > appropriate.
> > >
> > Julius Caesar destroied a lot of cities, but he didn't kill 6 bilion
> > people only becuse he didn't like it! There's a big difference
>
> No one has killed 6 billion people. I'm not getting into a debate about
> it but the Romans did persecute other nationalities, and they also keep
> slaves. They may not have been as bad as Hitler and Stalin, they may
> have been worse, they were certainly 'up there'.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Hodge

Sorry, milion; i only wanted to say that the Hitler/Stalin personality can
be used only by people who love to kill their own population, not by
people that usually destroy enemy cities :)

Enrico Fracasso                 |Software is like sex ..
C.d.L in ingegneria elettronica |it's better when it's free
Universita' di Trieste          |Linux. The Internet operating system