Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: GNOME RH 6.0 and freeciv 1.9.0

To: "'freeciv list'" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: GNOME RH 6.0 and freeciv 1.9.0
From: "Robert Postill" <robertp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:29:47 -0000

Jef Mallat wrote:
>We've tried very hard to keep the number of colors we >use small.  Freeciv
>does fit in 8bpp -- as long as nothing else is being a >color hog.  (Only
>one color hog at a time, and Freeciv is it.)
>
>I've never run Gnome (I like FVWM ;-)  My question is:  >Does Gnome itself
>use lots of colors?  Or, are you perhaps running some >other application
>that is using lots of colors?  (E.g., if I run Netscape >and Freeciv at the
>same time, there aren't enough colors to go around at >>8bpp.)

I don't believe I was running anything but Gnome, however Red Hat does make
it start the help browser (which I closed) and the control panel as well as
the obligatory xterm session.

I shall up the bpp and see what happens.

As for Gnome v FVWM, I guess it's horses for courses (or some other phrase
like that).
Robert.