Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] LinuxTag 2000

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] LinuxTag 2000
From: Christian Ritter <ritter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:11:31 +0100

Hi there,

my name is Christian Ritter and I am responsible for Linux Game Software
Presentation at the LinuxTag 2000 (http://www.linuxtag.org/) at June 29th
to July 2nd in Stuttgart, Germany. The LinuxTag 2000 is the 6th LinuxTag,
this non profit event and became the biggest Linux Event in Europe
in 1999 with about 7000 Visitors. As the LinuxTag is a non profit Event,
we provide free admission to the expo and the lectures etc.
The commercial Exhibitors (like IBM, HP, SuSE, Red Hat etc.) sponsor
the whole event. We use this money to pay for the exhibition centre,
network infrastructure etc and provide free booths for non-commercial
free software projects. (Like last year KDE, debian, parsec, pingus etc.).
OK, enough about that, just check the URL above for more infos.
Well, we would be very happy to see you at the LinuxTag 2000 in Stuttgart.
This year, we already have the following non-commercial games at the
LinuxTag: parsec (http://www.parsec.org/), pingus (http://pingus.seul.org/),
TUD (http://www-ti.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~thiele/tud.html), and I am
trying to get in contact with some more projects. If you have any idea
about any other project I could contact, please give me a hint :o)
I would be very happy to hear from you (since I spend some hours playing
FreeCiv a week....) :o)

ru
        cr

--
Christian Ritter                                         LinuxTag-Team
email: ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxx                     phone:  +49-631-3109371