Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Another wonder

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Another wonder
From: "Michael C. Richardson" <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:41:23 -0500

    >> science production in each city by 30%.  > > What's your justification
    >> for the reduction in science production?
    >>
    >> A game typically beeing played at the universities replacing other
    >> academical activity :)

    Stephen> Yeah, I thought of that :-) There is a advantage too,
    Stephen> though. Searching for other research has never been easier, for
    Stephen> example, and also don't forget that much of the early Internet

  More information does not equal better information.
  I agree that half of the online transactions are fraudulent. I suggest:

  New science: Networking
  Permits:
  - New thing you can build in a city: Freenet/BBS
        - Increases effectiveness of each "Elvis" by 3x
        - Reduces productivity by 10%
  - Internet as a new wonder (requires networking)
     - Obsoletes Freenet/BBS worldwide
     - Increases science by 20%
     - Decreases productivity by 10% (people surfing)
     - Increases happiness caused by each Elvis by 5x
     - Decreases trade by 5% (fraud)

  New science: cryptography
  Permits:
     City: CA wonder. Negates fraud effect of Internet,
     and increases trade due to Internet by 50%.
     - decreases effectiveness of courthouse by 10%

     Wonder: X.509 wonder. Like a CA in every city.

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: <A
HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html";>mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>.
 PGP key available.