Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Can't build Settlers yet.

To: Matt Armstrong <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Can't build Settlers yet.
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:18:24 -0600

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 01:13:48PM -0800, Matt Armstrong wrote:
> Taking the advice of some of the strategy pages, I try to expand as
> fast as possible in the early stages by building nothing but Settlers.
> But for some cities I get a "Can't build Settlers yet" message when a city
> is done building its settler.  I can't find a documented prerequisite
> for Settlers, so what can I do to to allow these cities to build thier
> Settlers?

        Size 1 cities are destroyed if they build Settlers.  This can be
turned off in the game preferences, and that's probably what you're
hitting.  Get enough excess food to gain a population point in the city
before the Settler is completed.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."