Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Can't build Settlers yet.

To: Matt Armstrong <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Can't build Settlers yet.
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:05:21 -0500

At 2000/01/25 16:13 , Matt Armstrong wrote:
>Taking the advice of some of the strategy pages, I try to expand as
>fast as possible in the early stages by building nothing but Settlers.
>But for some cities I get a "Can't build Settlers yet" message when a city
>is done building its settler.  I can't find a documented prerequisite
>for Settlers, so what can I do to to allow these cities to build thier
>Settlers?

Is your city of size 1?  It takes a point of population to create the
Settlers, and if all a city has is 1 point, it can't build the unit.

However, if you go into the [City Options] dialog from the City Dialog, you
can choose to be allowed to Disband the city by using the last population
point to create a Settlers.

jjm