Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Civclient problem

To: Fin <Tanakh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Civclient problem
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 15:11:13 -0500

At 2000/01/09 13:26 , Fin wrote:
>I recently installed freeciv.  The civserver start ok, but when I try to
>start civclient I get the following message:
>                       Symbol 'CommandClassRec' has different size in
>shared object. consider re-linking.
>                       1: Using fallback resources - which is ok
>                       Segmentation fault
>
>How can I fix this?

What version do you have?  For a while recently (between approximately
1999/12/26 and 2000/01/01) the CVS version had a problem in ./configure
where it would guess a client incorrectly on some systems.  Either upgrade
to the latest CVS version, or try adding "--with-xaw3d" to your ./configure
call.  (Actually, adding "--with-xaw3d" may help in any case.)

jjm