Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: Configure script

To: James L S Neave <cs97jjn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Configure script
From: "H. A. Bauer" <hbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 19:09:18 -0500

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999, James L S Neave wrote:
> I recently, by accident, deleted my version of freeciv (1.8.0) and am
> attempting to compile 1.9.0, but ./configure returns
>
> ./configure: Command not found
>
> I'm in the right directory, and it just doesn't run, can anybody help?

Does /bin/sh exist?  Retarded question, I know.. but some systems it only
exists in /usr/bin/sh or some stupidness.

Try running the configure script through sh as follows:

[habauer@smack freeciv-1.9.0]$ which sh
/bin/sh
[habauer@smack freeciv-1.9.0]$ /bin/sh ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
[...]

If that doesn't work, try "bash" instead of "sh".

- Henry Bauer