Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: freeciv-xaw3d in Debian

To: ANDREW SCHULMAN <SCHULMAN.ANDREW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: freeciv-xaw3d in Debian
From: Radovan Garabik <garabik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:38:49 +0100

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 09:53:16AM -0500, ANDREW SCHULMAN wrote:
> Hi.  I've downloaded freeciv-xaw3d 1.9.0-2 for Debian from the freeciv
> site.  When I try to install this package, dpkg complains that I'm
> missing the package "libxpm4", on which freeciv-xaw3d depends.  It
> also tells me that the libxpm4 package "appears to be unavailable",
> and indeed there's no such package on the Debian site.  However there
> is a package by the name of "xpm4g", which I've installed.  Is there a
> naming problem here, or am I missing something?  Have other people
> installed freeciv-xaw3d successfully under Debian?

I have :-)

atlas03:11:~# dpkg -s xpm4g
Package: xpm4g
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 113
Maintainer: Josip Rodin <jrodin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Source: xpm
Version: 3.4k-5
Provides: libxpm4     <<<<<<<<
Depends: libc6
Suggests: xpm4g-dev
Conflicts: xpm4.7 (<= 3.4j), xpm4 (<= 3.4j)

so after installing xpm4g, everything should be ok (as indeed is
at least for me)

| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph.uniba.sk           |