Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] connection refused by server and can't open display

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] connection refused by server and can't open display
From: root <rc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:08:52 -0700

Hi.  I'm stumped and was wondering if someone could provide some
insight.  I'm running Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 with kde interface.
Installed glib, gtk+ and imlib.  Installed the freeciv rpms for
caldera.  No problems starting the server, but when starting the client
in the terminal window I get:

Xlib:  connection to ":0.0" refused by sever
Xlib:  Client is not authorized to connect to server
Gtk-WARNING **:  cannot open disply:  :0.0

Virtually the same thing results with the Xaw and Xaw3d clients too.
Any ideas?

rc