Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: From newbie

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: From newbie
From: milt <miltle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:43:50 -0600

Hmm.... a KDE client? Hmm.. I'm running KDE here and the client works.
Maybe it isn't a KDE client but it works just fine here. My only problem
with Freeciv is the impossibly hard AI. I have read the strategy on how
to beat them, and if that is the only way. It takes all the fun out of
the game for me. I like a bit of a challenge but that kind of breakneck
pace required to even get anywhere in the game is nuts.I wanna know how
the AI was made that damn good and since it was made that good. Can't it
be brought down? It makes me want to jump back over to my windows box
and play Civ2. That AI gives me a challenge without kicking my butt all
over the place. I can't figure out how I could be the most advanced race
and then in the matter of about 10 turns one of the AI civs starts and
finishes the Apollo Program and starts work on a spaceship when I am no
where close to even doing that! Its insane.