Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: playing on non-networked machine

To: minec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: playing on non-networked machine
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:24:04 +0100

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 10:43:37AM +0100, minec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My machine (under Linux RedHat 6.) is not connected to a network. I cannot
> make the program to run. It seems to be looking for a network.
> In the FAQ (1st question), you talk about loopback. I don't know what it is
> nor how to configure it.
> Thanks for help.

I'm at a loss here.  This is basic Unix configuration, covered in every
Linux beginner's guide, but unfortunately, every Linux dist seems to
have its own preferred way of handling it, and it also changes from
release to release.  'RTFM' springs to mind.

If anyone can suggest a useful and generically applicable FAQ entry,
I'd appreciate it.

--
Reinier