Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: FreeCiv FAQ question suggestion

To: brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: FreeCiv FAQ question suggestion
From: LucFrench@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:33:17 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/99 10:10:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > Could you add "What do you mean by ModPack?" to the FAQ?
>
>  Yes, if it becomes a Frequently Asked Question !
>
>  There are files in freeciv called rulesets : units.ruleset,
>  buildings.ruleset and techs.ruleset They described all units, building and
>  techs in freeciv. By editing those files, you can change the 'rule' of the
>  game without recompiling. A modpack is a modified set of ruleset files.

What I mean by this is that this should be explicitly spelled out, along with
the whys and hows, either in the FAQ, or in an easy to find spot on the site.

I'd be especially interested in knowing what the capacities of the "rule"
files are; can you achieve Civ2-like Scenarios with events that happen if a
city is captured, on a particular turn, etc.?

Hey, another FAQ might be "How different is FreeCiv from Civ2? Alpha
Centauri?" etc.

Thanks
Luc "Turing Complete" French