Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 1999:
[Freeciv] modpacks

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] modpacks
From: Mark Nettle <markn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:11:58 +1000 (EST)

I've seen mentions of modpacks and rulesets. Ways to make freeciv follow
different rules/tech trees/etc.  Sounds all very cool. Cool enough that
I'd like to have a play with it. So is what can I do with this and how?
How far can I stretch the tech tree before it breaks? I'm guessing (from
aglimpsing the 1.7.1 source) that loops in the tree are a Bad Thing (tm),
and I've just downloaded the 1.8.0 source to have a peruse. Is the source
my best documentation for these features, or could someone point me at the
right place in the mailing list archive perhaps?

Loops in the tech tree aren't really what I'm interested in, but "OR"
prereqs as well as the existing ANDs would be nice. Nice enough that I'll
resurrect my C coding skills and add it in if needs be.

        Mark