Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] deb package for freeciv

To: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] deb package for freeciv
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Apr 1999 20:07:08 -0500

Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > > Could someone make a .deb package of freeciv 1.8 ?
> > > please....
> > > the aliened rpms don't seems to install properly.
> >
> > Already built:
> >
> > http://freeciv.complete.org/
>
> Thanks so much :-) I was trying hard to make time for it...  if
> you don't care to upload it I can use that time to package the
> current CVS into experimental (with a freeciv-gtk package)

Well these are not really for going into the distro; it tries to build
several packages but only manages to build this one.  But in the mean
time, all the Debianers that need their daily Freeciv fix can pull it
off my website.

I built this by taking your latest Debian package, doing a uupdate,
and then building the result.  Once you get the "official" .debs into
the distro, I can link to them and my ISDN bandwidth usage will drop
dramatically :-)

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |