Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 1999:
[Freeciv] metaserver

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users), freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv] metaserver
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:15:01 +0100

Yes, down again.

Peter Dam Mains has informed me he would take another look at his metaserver
code this weekend.

I bought a Perl book the other week and needed some exercise.

  http://cursus02.win.tue.nl:4321/tmp/freeciv/freeciv.html

The metaserver runs on cursus02.win.tue.nl:12245.  Please snatch the code

  http://cursus02.win.tue.nl:4321/tmp/freeciv/metaserver

and improve it, it's probably unstable and buggy.

I recently posted a cmdline patch that allows the server to set
the metaserver from the command line.  That part of the
patch is no longer available so if yu want to test this
alternative metaserver recompile the server.

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx