Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Pre1.8.0 version

To: bobz@xxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Pre1.8.0 version
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:56:32 +1100

Bob Zimbinski <bobz@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I notice this prerelease version doesn't include the GTK+ client port, and
> that mention of the port's inclusion in the 1.8.0 release has vanished
> from the Freeciv news page.

Hmm, the information on the web page seems the same as it was
before, as far as I can tell. But that information is a little
inaccurate or misleading.  It suggests the GTK+ port "will be
included in a stable 1.8.x release".  That is sort of true:
the GTK+ port is planned for inclusion in freeciv 1.8.1.
Hopefully 1.8.1 should be released quite soon after 1.8.0.
(Guessing: maybe within a month?)

Regards,
-- David