Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: New debian CVS snapshot package

To: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Christian Meder <meder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: New debian CVS snapshot package
From: Christopher C Chimelis <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:11:02 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Lalo Martins wrote:

> Good news is a new CVS snapshot was upload to debian's
> experimental (/debian/project/experimental in your favourite
> mirror) and http://master.debian.org/lalo/freeciv/
>
> Whoever is porting freeciv .deb's to other architetures, I'd
> advise porting these snapshots too, as we're something past
> halfway to 1.8 (aren't we?) and this means more testing is good
> :-)

I can fetch it and build it, but I'm unable to test it at this time (my
Alpha is headless and is running under glibc 2.1...although I have net
access to two others that will probably be used to compile it).

> If some other developer wants to have their ports in my home dir
> in debian, just drop me a mail and I'll set it up. The best way
> would be putting them in a world-writable directory and I'd
> symlink this directory to my public-html/freeciv (so people
> would see something like master.debian.org/~lalo/freeciv/sparc)

I'll let you know when and where the Alpha packages for it are and we'll
work it out at that point...

Thanks!