Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
[Freeciv] Preventing Spam on FreeCiv Lists

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Preventing Spam on FreeCiv Lists
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:22:11 -0600

Hi,

There have been unfortunately been several cases recently of spam entering
the Freeciv lists by way of the forwarding set up at the old ones.  (To
date, unless memory fails, the only spam ever on the lists enters that way;
the server that runs the list employs vigorous anti-spam measures.)
Therefore, I have blocked the forwarding at this end.  I also delete spams
from the complete.org archive.

For your reference, the following are posting addresses for the FreeCiv
lists:

  freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
  freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
  freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx

Instructions for subscribing and unsubscribing to these can be found at
http://www.freeciv.org/, detailed information about the Majordomo server,