Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv] trade knowledge

To: ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] trade knowledge
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:33:38 +0100

>       I have been playing freeciv for quite some time now but do not
> understand how the trade works. I mean sometimes the cravans just walk
> into the city sometimes they ask about trade routes to establish. When a
> trade route is established then it says trade 0gold/year. can some of you
> please clarify how exactly trade works and how to use it.

You get an immediate reward, plus a permanent one.
Both depend on the distance.  From what I remember (not sure what Freeciv
does exactly) the bonus is much higher if the cities are

  - in different nations
  - on different continents
  - further apart on the map

See for yourself in the code.

> NOTE: I am not on the mailing list so u will have to e-mail me. Don't
> mind getting mail bomned by all for a day or two to understand this

:-)

Do join the list

  echo subscribe freeciv | mail majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

the development list (freeciv-dev) is far more active.

--
Reinier