Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv] Trading routes

To: rp@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Trading routes
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 11:24:28 +1100

Reinier Post wrote:

> > > Incidently, trade routes in freeciv seem to be two way, so if
> > > A sends a caravan to B, then both A and B get the trade route?
> > > I think in Civ1 only A got the trade route?
> >
> > Yeah, that's right.
>
> In the Civ I I played, both cities got the route!

Definitely not the case in my Civ1.  (I finally got around to
booting into Win/Dos to check!)

Often I used to have lots of cities all making trade routes
to a single distant prosperous city of mine (easier than going
through enemy lines), yet that prosperous city still had to
send out its own caravans to get its own trade routes.

-- David