Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv] Trading routes

To: rizos@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Trading routes
From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 23:57:40 +0100 (MET)

> On the same topic, what exactly is the advantage of establishing
> traderoutes? Is it instant or continuous?

Both. You typically get 20-50 gold instantly, and 2-5 gold pr/year if the
caravan goes from one big city to another. I'd daresay the latter is the
amount of gold before the effect of markedplace/bank/stock marked.

> traderoute is established, there is a message saying (something
> like): "...the revenues amount to X gold" - how is this X
> computed?

Perhaps it's about time to hack into the source - it says it all. :) And I
want sortable city report, building queues in cities, auto-explore should
"eat" cottages, ++