Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: May 2002:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: keyboard actions

To: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: keyboard actions
From: Julian Rüth <julian.rueth@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 01:09:19 +0200

> Hi guys,
> just couple days ago I downloaded jfreeciv from CVS and tried to use it.
> Keyboard and some commands wasn't working well so I spent some time looking
> through the code trying to figure out why. I found keyboard keystrokes for
> client actions but I can't find any place where you actually register them.
In the current CVS version keyboard keystrokes are only handled by the
MenuItem's accelerators - so actions which don't have a menu item don't work.
I've already posted some patch to change this, but it hasn't been checked in
... ?
This patch introduced an ActionManager which handles all ClientActions that
use keyboard keystrokes.

jule

--
Now I know someone out there is going to claim, "Well then, UNIX is intuitive,
because you only need to learn 5000 commands, and then everything else follows