Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: December 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: New Tax Rate Dialog

To: "Ben Mazur" <bmazur@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <Dominique.Poudret@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: New Tax Rate Dialog
From: "Brian Duff" <Brian.Duff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 01:43:51 -0000

Hi Ben,

Fantastic. Many, many thanks for spending time contributing code :)

We're pretty relaxed about CVS access; I'll set up access for you sometime
tomorrow (unfortunately my cablemodem is out of commission at the moment,
and the only dialup access I have is behind a firewall)

If you're comfortable generating a diff, then you can send that to the list
(zip it if it's large) and I'll commit it on your behalf. Otherwise, just
check in the changes using CVS after I send you your account details (be
sure to do a cvs update first). For fame and glory, you should also go ahead
and modify the CREDITS.txt to add yourself as a contributor :)

About the tax rate slider order... that's one of the reasons I really wanted
to get involved in the java client. IMHO, the UI of the C client sucks a
little (a lot in some places), and I know for a fact it's easy to get a
pretty nice UI going in Java. So if you feel it improves the aesthetics or
the usability to move things around, or even implement them completely
differently then go for it :)

The server options would be really useful too: you'll definitely have to get
your feet wet here: I think the packet handler probably isn't written yet
for dealing with this yet.. fun stuff :)

Thanks,

Brian