Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: December 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: scrollable map component & painting units, goto-lines

To: Brian Duff <BRIAN.DUFF@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: scrollable map component & painting units, goto-lines etc
From: Gary Frederick <gary.frederick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:47:21 -0600

woo hoo

I got the source from cvs, built and ran

it came up and I ran out of 'play' time...

Looking good! Congratulations.

Gary

Brian Duff wrote:

hehe, I think I like the third option best :)

I'd probably categorize it as "up". Insofar as you can run the client, connect to the server and scroll about on the map. However, the major drawback is that moving stuff about isn't possible yet (although a collegue of mine is working on this right now and should hopefully be giving me some code in the next few days.). You can also connect to a game in progress (hence revealing more interesting parts of the map support, including cities etc.)

About the thread below: the overlay code I spoke about below is now checked into CVS; city names are now appearing, and units are ready to be animated (as I say, just waiting for Dom's changes to see this in action...)

See the screenshots on http://www.dubh.org/projects/jfreeciv to get an idea of what's complete... I update them fairly regularly as new functionality is added.

Brian

    What's the state of the code in CVS?

    up?
    mostly up?
    get it and find out yourself... :-) ?
    none of the above... ?

    Gary

    Brian Duff wrote:

     > I had to rewrite a lot of code because of changes to the tilespec
    stuff in
     > 1.10 (and 1.12 again). But, I thought the overlays were cool too,
    and we
     > still have your code.. don't worry, they will return :)
     >
     > I'm using 1.12.0 for testing at the moment.
     >
     > Brian

    Biesiadowski