Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: November 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] Howdy - testing the Java Freeciv

To: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Howdy - testing the Java Freeciv
From: Gary Frederick <gary.frederick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 11:24:28 -0600

I am working with some kids (13ish year old kids) that want to learn to program. I was thinking that they could test.

I dlded the java freeciv a while ago (years?) and thought we could help with this new effort. They are working on programming LEGO Mindstorms for a competition and would not have free time till the end of the year. When they have more free time I could help the kids put in testing code so we can regression test and can make sure we are supporting the same communication the 'main' code supports.

What's the state of the client? Can it work with a 1.12.0 server?

Thanks and good luck!

Gary