Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: October 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] Fw: Status of a Java Port of FreeCiv

To: <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Fw: Status of a Java Port of FreeCiv
From: "R Tate" <rt4167@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:40:29 -0500

Here's what I told someone else.  Perhaps if enough people express an
interest, we can get something going. -- Roy

================================
I am replying to a message I saw on the FreeCiv Java web archives (I'm not
subscribed).

I looked into this about a month or two ago.  There is a version of the
client at the Giant Java Tree that is v1.8 compatible (it ran, but I didn't
have a 1.8 server to test against).  Also, there is a version at SourceForge
that covers mostly network messaging.  It claims to be able to chat with a
server, but I'm not sure what version that would be.  I submitted some
enhancements to the JFrame, adding some menus, etc. and the person listed as
project leader offered to give me CVS commit access to carry the project
forward.  Although I have a fair amount of Swing experience, I just don't
have the time to lead such a project.  If you take it on, and need some
help, I'd like to help with the coding, even if I can't lead the team.

Regards,

Roy Tate