Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: April 2000:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: Upgrading to 1.10 and restructuring Client.java a bi

To: Gary Frederick <gary.frederick@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: Upgrading to 1.10 and restructuring Client.java a bit
From: Brian Duff <bduff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:31:50 +0100

Hi Gary,

I'm currently working on updating to 1.10 in my free time. I've got as far as
achieving compatibility with most of the networking stuff, restructuring the
Client, making the menus and some of the dialogs compatible. I'm currently
working
on the image loading, which changed substantially after 1.8. (now uses xpms and
tilespecs).

The code is currently in a runnable state up until the game is launched, at
which
point it does nothing because the image stuff isn't finished yet.

I'm reluctant to move the source into the CVS tree until it's in a slightly
healthier state (i.e. you can actually play some games :) ). I'll start posting
regular mails to the list about my progress, and if anyone does want to help, I
can look into making the source available.

Brian