Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: July 1999:
[FreeCiv-Java] Started Map

To: Freeciv Java <freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Started Map
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:05:54 +0200

http://www.pg.gda.pl/~abies/freeciv/Map.java

It is quite functional now - you can run it as program and jump around.
If you want you can also change last two parameters in Map constructor
in main to get either horizontal or vertical wrap.

Before I will move further I need to know more about freeciv
requirements for tile placement:

How terrain borders are handled ? Lets look at situation where

pff
ppi
pmm

p - plain, f - forest, i - artic,  m - mountain.

What tiles should be drawn in what order inside central tile ? I know
that plain with 3 other side borders should be used, but do the border
area always default to grassland, or it is take from neighbour tile ? If
yes, then how to do it in this case ?

And at last, is it all handled in client, or client just gets ready to
use tiles ids ?

Artur