Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: August 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: trunk or branches

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: trunk or branches
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:18:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, stan ioan-eugen wrote:
> I am a little bit confused, I don't know on what po file I should work:
> - should I translate ro.po file from the trunk or form S2_1 or S2_0 or all
> - is there a posibility work on the trunk version of the  translation and
> commit the changes to the other branches as well? (and if it is possible i
> think this should be on freeciv.org)

I'd recommend working on S2_1, forward porting to trunk, and backporting
to S2_0. See http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Localization under "How to
keep two branches in sync". This is because S2_1 is the new upcoming
release, and will be the new stable, while S2_0 is going out and trunk can
contain rapid changes to strings.

   - Per