Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: August 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: trunk or branches

To: "stan ioan-eugen" <stan.ieugen@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: trunk or branches
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:43:46 +0900

Hello Stan,
Freeciv 'trunk' is the development version, while S2_1 is the 2.1 branch and
S2_0 is the 2.0 branch. No more releases will be made from the S2_0 branch,
so you it is not neccesary to work on its po files.

Right now, trunk and S2_1 are quite similar so it is possible to backport
updated trunk po files to S2_1 without too much fuzziness. We can't IMO not
put this in the wiki as a general recommendation though, because in a few
months the two branches might differ much more.

There are IIRC tools out there that can help you work with different
branches in parallel. I don't use them personally, so I can't recommend any.

Sincerely,
--Daniel