Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: May 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: (no subject)

To: Duarte Loreto <happyguy_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: (no subject)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 22:36:32 +0200

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 05:21:22PM +0100, Duarte Loreto wrote:
>   Hello!
>
> After talking with Vasco Costa, portuguese developer and last translator,
> I've become the new translation maintainer for pt.po. I've given a 100%
> translated pt.po translation to Vasco for both S1_14 and HEAD.

You're very welcome!

[...]

> When updating the Freeciv translations, I noticed a few issues on the
> english msgid's, for wich I'm going to open some bugs on the bug tracking
> system. I think that these should be fixed only for HEAD (if they are still
> valid there) so as not to break current string freeze on S1_14. But maybe
> others have a different opinion. Due to this issue, I'm also CC'ing the dev
> list. As I'm not subscribed to the dev list, I would appreciate replies to
> this message would be always sent to both lists. :)

Well, the i18n list was created specifically for this kind of message,
because the dev list is quite full.  So I'm not sending to the dev list.

> Another thing... At GNOME, we have a script that generates daily status
> pages for translations. This is very helpful as a translator can go check
> on the status pages if his translation is up-to-date or not. If not, he can
> then update.

[...]

> What would you think is the use for such a schema at Freeciv? Would it be
> possible to run this kind of script on the Freeciv server?

Yes it seems useful to me, and I can install it for you, but
I am not a translator so I will leave it for others to comment.

> There is currently an issue on the GNOME translation status pages (it
> always happens when a new set is added and the GNOME 2.4 modules where
> added recently). Anyway, for you to see what I'm talking about, point your
> browser to http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/index.html
>
> Thanks for your time reading this. Be Happy!
>
> Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto
>
> "Don't worry, be happy!"

I heard that song just this afternoon ... but it's too hot in here.

BTW what is your preferred username?

--
Reinier