Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: November 2002:
[freeciv-i18n] Translation status on the beta branch

To: Freeciv i18n ML <freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@xxxxxxxx>, Egbert Hinzen <egbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ahti Akel <akel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Brady <rwb197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Miguel Lobo <miguell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sini Ruohomaa <sini.ruohomaa@xxxxxx>, Anthony Ferrand <anthony-ferrand@xxxxxxxxxx>, Takács Gábor <tg330@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Sawada Katsuya <ama@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>, Andreas Røsdal <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mateusz Stefek <matusik_s@xxxxx>, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani@xxxxxxxxxx>, Dmitriy Genzel <dg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Translation status on the beta branch
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Nov 2002 00:22:49 +0100

        Hi all!

I'm writing this mail to freeciv-dev and freeciv-i18n ML, but in the
hope to reaching all the head translator for the various po file I have
CCed this mail to the people in the localization page.

Thus I apologize with people receaving this twice or more.
And also to people not any more involved in the project
(btw you can use this time to have your email deleted from the
localizion page in the freeciv.org webserver)

I want to submit the status of actual beta branch .po files:

da.po
2078 translated messages
361 fuzzy translations
496 untranslated messages

de.po
2932 translated messages
1 fuzzy translation
2 untranslated messages

en_GB.po
40 translated messages
4 fuzzy translations
2891 untranslated messages

es.po
2931 translated messages
1 fuzzy translation
3 untranslated messages.

et.po
1102 translated messages
29 fuzzy translations
1804 untranslated messages

fi.po
2910 translated messages
13 fuzzy translations
12 untranslated messages

fr.po
2922 translated messages
7 fuzzy translations
6 untranslated messages

hu.po
2779 translated messages
156 untranslated messages

it.po
2935 translated messages

ja.po
2910 translated messages
25 untranslated messages

nl.po
2924 translated messages
5 fuzzy translations
6 untranslated messages

no.po
2934 translated messages
1 untranslated message

pl.po
2935 translated messages

pt.po
1755 translated messages
409 fuzzy translations
771 untranslated messages

pt_BR.po
751 translated messages
798 fuzzy translations
1386 untranslated messages

ro.po
1642 translated messages
295 fuzzy translations
998 untranslated messages

ru.po
2910 translated messages
7 fuzzy translations
18 untranslated messages

sv.po
2933 translated messages
1 fuzzy translation
1 untranslated message

As you can see, there are many file that are almost updated, but that
lacks perhaps 2 or 10 strings.
I hope that translation involved people for those locales, notably
sv.po, ru.po, nl.po, no.po, ja.po, fr.po, fi.po, es.po, de.po
can fix them before the 1.14.0 release.

If you want to fix them, remember that you need to fix the appropriate
file in the stable cvs branch, not the HEAD cvs!

for downloading stable cvs branch issue this command:

cvs checkout -r S1_14 -d freeciv-1.14 freeciv

And then work on in the newly created freeciv-1.14 directory.

Remember also to go through the whole process:

./autogen.sh
cd po
make xx.pox
cp xx.pox xx.po
make

then you can work on xx.po and fix the last strings.

Sorry again if the content of this message is already known to you.

        Ciao, Davide