Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] General guidelines

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] General guidelines
From: c99djo@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:45:22 +0200

Hi all!

I've recently discovered freeciv and decided to participate in the development.

While reading the post from the dev maillist, it struck me that a document
containing generall guidelines did not exist, while coding/hacking/patching
guidelines did.

So, how do I define "general guidelines"? I'm not sure :), but I can exemplify
it from the discussion about norse/viking, with the paraphrase: "We should use
norse, as freeciv is meant to educate."

Am I being _too_ intrested in formalism---is this document really necessary? Or
have enough changes been commited to the svn tree, that general guidelines is
the next step?

Cheers,

Daniel

PS I'd be happy to contribute to a general guidelines.