Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19141) getting rid of 'Transitional'

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19141) getting rid of 'Transitional'
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 05:51:04 -0700

I'm contemplating the removal of our 'Transitional' nation group: A lot
of people are getting confused over its meaning and significance. It
also clutters the nation selection dialog.

The original raison d’être of this nation group is to stop certain
obscure nations from being selected automatically by the AI. However,
testing shows that nations not listed in a time-related group tends not
to be selected often anyways.

Instead, 'Confederate' goes into American; 'Soviet' into European and
Asian; 'European' into European (or possibly Fictional).

--Daniel