Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19050) new SDL client theme

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#19050) new SDL client theme
From: "Christian Prochaska" <cp.ml.freeciv.dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:06:10 -0700

Now that we have a nice new intro screen, I tried to adapt the colors of
the "deluxe" theme some way to make them fit better to it. This is where
I got so far:

http://web.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s3564543/freeciv-sdl/deluxe2_theme-dev-2006-07-30.tar.bz2

(to use this theme with the SDL client, you need to add the line
"prefered_themes = "deluxe2"" to the .tilespec file of your preferred
tileset.)

I also replaced some of the icons which I didn't find a source for last
time
(http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2005/12/msg00072.html.gz).

On this image:
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~s3564543/freeciv-sdl/deluxe2/theme_buttons.png

- the shield with swords is replaced by a shield icon from OCAL by Matt
Todd (http://openclipart.org/clipart/computer/icons/shield_matt_todd_01.svg)

- the smiley is replaced by a similar one from the Nuvola KDE theme by
David Vignoni (http://icon-king.com/?p=15)

- the blue lock icons are replaced by similar ones from gnome-icon-theme
(http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-icon-theme/2.10/gnome-icon-theme-2.10.1.tar.bz2)

Luckily, the red seal icons used by the diplomacy dialog showed up in
gnome-icon-theme, too :-)

Images still not seen anywhere else are:

- the background of the city dialog:
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~s3564543/freeciv-sdl/deluxe2/city.png
- a small tech tree symbol:
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~s3564543/freeciv-sdl/deluxe2/tech_tree.png

If they really need to be replaced, too, in order to be included with
the game, how much do they need to differ from the original? Would it be
 enough to just draw some lines at the same coordinates in a new image
and use slightly different colors?

And, of course, if you have more or better ideas about how this theme
should look like, please tell me and/or send images or patches :-)
Also, the name of this theme is not fixed to "deluxe2". Please send your
suggestions.

Christian