Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18773) Reordering worklist smeshes it up if there

To: tommibj@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18773) Reordering worklist smeshes it up if there is just bought unit
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <cazfi74@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:02:24 -0700

Tommi Björkbacka wrote:

> You can reproduce this problem easily. First buy a random unit and
> then put a new unit into worklist. After that try to adjust new unit
> to the top of worklist. Result is that you have two indentical units
> in worklist.
>

> I couldn't figrure out easy way to fix this for now. I think best way
> is to unify worklist handling in both server and client side but...

  I haven't looked at the code, but client should not even attempt to
change first item of worklist if it's already bought (or impossible to
change for some other reason, but I can't think about any other reason)
  There should be some visual clue that it's impossible to change. Maybe
first item should be greyed in this case.

  - ML