Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#18773) Reordering worklist smeshes it up if there is j

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#18773) Reordering worklist smeshes it up if there is just bought unit
From: "Tommi Björkbacka" <tommibj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:57:13 -0700

You can reproduce this problem easily. First buy a random unit and
then put a new unit into worklist. After that try to adjust new unit
to the top of worklist. Result is that you have two indentical units
in worklist.

I think that I found reason for this behaviour. In server side
worklist doesn't have first element from client's worklist. If client
wants to swap between first and second element, first it has to send
worklist wihout first element (PACKET_CITY_WORK_LIST) and then first
element (PACKET_CITY_CHANGE).  There is already some cludge because of
this in client/citydlg_common.c:city_set_queue() function. In this
special case client could update worklist correctly but could't update
first element because it is just bought.

I couldn't figrure out easy way to fix this for now. I think best way
is to unify worklist handling in both server and client side but...

- Tommi

Ubuntu / gtk2
svn 20060711