Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18247) french.ruleset

To: markstedt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18247) french.ruleset
From: "miguel@xxxxxxxx" <miguel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:34:12 -0700

On 7/2/06, Daniel Markstedt <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Improvements to french.ruleset by Frederic Rodrigo <f.rodrigo free.fr>

I appreciate Frederic's effort. Now, I don't mean to be a prick, but...

Am I misremembering things or the idea behind the terrain features for
city names was that they were to be included only if the city name
itself described or suggested the feature? For example, the city of Port
Angeles might be written down in the ruleset as "Port Angeles (ocean)"
but, say, Yakima might not be written down as "Yakima (!ocean, river)",
as nothing in its name suggests a river or being inland.

Frederic took the considerable effort of describing the geographical
features of every city in the ruleset, which I think might be
counterproductive, as it'll actually make more difficult for any city
names to fully comply with each new city's features. The fact that most
cities are inland might be too much if the game is one of those "mostly
sea" ones.

--
Miguel Farah
miguel@xxxxxxxx