Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: If I want to translate FreeCiv, can I do it on Windows

To: $ $ <mikedrue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: If I want to translate FreeCiv, can I do it on Windows?
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:41:07 +0200

$ $ wrote on Jun 23, 06:21 (+0000):
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to translate FreeCiv into Chinese. But I don't know if I can do it
> on Windows. Could you please tell me.

The main step is to be able to compile Freeciv from source on your windows
system. I think that http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Install-Windows
describes the process, but never tested it.

Once you're there, you just need to create a single file and insert your
translations, see http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Localization . You will
need a UTF-8 compatible file editor for that.

Christian