Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17772) Rapture growth balancing

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17772) Rapture growth balancing
From: "Curtis Warren" <cwarren89@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:31:15 -0700

Why do you think disabling rapture will help anything? Sure, rapturing
is powerful, but this goes along with the entire premise of the
game--growth is power. Even if you remove rapture, you're still going
to have the growth show down, just in slow motion. I actually think
civ handled this quite nicely; rapture was kept in check through
happiness, in that it was virtually impossible to go strait to
republic and rapture. This happened to have the side effect that
monarchy was actually used quite a bit.