Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17163) [patch]Don't draw nation borders at coastli

To: almighty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17163) [patch]Don't draw nation borders at coastline
From: "almighty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <almighty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 01:56:01 -0700

Zitat von "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I do not think this looks better. What would be much better would be if we
> could draw the border line in the shoreline, ie on the ocean tiles, when
> borders run between land and ocean.

Do you mean just to draw a different border pattern there? That might be
possible -- but I can't see the advantage compared to drawing the
normal border
pattern...

What I want my patch to do is to remove a part of all those lines
cluttering the
landscape on the mapview. IMO borders along a shoreline can safely be omitted
without losing too much information --that's why the patch takes them out.

-andreas