Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17187) Move hut code into lua script

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17187) Move hut code into lua script
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 05:46:31 -0700

On Sat, 20 May 2006, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> This patch moves the hut related code into lua script, so that it can be
> modified by modpack authors.

The patch removes the script signal for techs found in huts. I am unsure
what the consequences of this is, but I imagine this could create problems
for the tutorial, if it needs to know about such techs. Is there a way to
create new signals from within lua?

data/default/script.lua is run and used also for the tutorial, and so this
patch works with the tutorial, from what I could tell. In the future, it
might be advantageous to control hut results directly from the tutorial,
though.

   - Per