Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#17042) mac os x (Tiger) and xcode on intel - freeciv c

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#17042) mac os x (Tiger) and xcode on intel - freeciv crashes machine
From: "Ian Wallace" <ian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 22:34:10 -0700

I have been using freeciv versions 2.0.8 and 2.1 beta for a while and
enjoy them a lot.  I recently installed xcode from my install disk so
that I could do some unrelated development and ever since then every
time that I try to start the freeciv client it locks up my machine
and I have to power restart.

I have tried both versions of freeciv and they both cause this
problem.  I need xcode to work, but I am willing to try to help chase
down the fatal interaction.  My machine is the intel mac, so maybe
something with xcode is not quite right.  It seems like X11 is no
longer started automatically, so I have tried starting it first but
it makes no difference.

Thank you for all the effort put in to make this game work so well on
so many platforms, it is quite a feat.
Ian