Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16811) Issue tracking system for Freeciv

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16811) Issue tracking system for Freeciv
From: "Kevin Benton" <s1kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:45:21 -0700

> [jdorje@xxxxxxxxx - Wed May 03 03:37:51 2006]:
>
> RT is pretty much the worst bug tracker.  Except for all the other ones.
>
> Does bugzilla have an email interface?

Yes/no.  It does email bug updates to people based on their individual
email prefs and whether or not they're related to a bug.  People who
make updates to bugs go to the UI.  There are a few people working on an
incoming email interface for Bugzilla, however.  There is one in the
contrib directory, but it's not supported.

The Bugzilla installation at bugzilla.mozilla.org currently has over
300,000 issues in it and people using it aren't just Bugzilla developers
and users.  They're Firefox, Thunderbird, Sunbird, and other Mozilla
Foundation product users.

The thing I like most about the email delivery (send) interface that
Bugzilla has currently is the ability for users to opt-out of certain
types of updates (such as users being added to the CC list) so they
don't get blasted with issues.

Users can also save searches that will appear at the bottom of their
screen.  Searches can be as relatively simple or complex as the user likes.

I could go on, but really, I think this group ought to look into
Bugzilla again.