Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compiling SDL client on MacOSX

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compiling SDL client on MacOSX
From: Nathan Brazil <nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:21:13 -0700

I've compiled the GTK+ 1.x and 2.x clients for Mac OS X Panther in the past. Besides Mac OS X, you'll need to install Xcode, and Apple's X11 development and user packages.

Then, you'll have to pick a "package manager". There are two for Mac OS X: DarwinPorts and Fink. I prefer the former.

There is a section on the Freeciv Wiki about compiling Freeciv for Mac OS X here (http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Install-MacOSX).

The SDL client was going to be deprecated until someone revived it. But I know very little about it.