Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] some observations about trade system

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] some observations about trade system
From: Martin Olveyra <molv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:18:10 -0300

Hello,

I think that the trade system is opposite to what it should be.

1) The trade routes between cities have more effect when the cities are farer, and less effect when they are nearer. In reality, the trade between near cities tends to be bigger, because the costs of transportation.

2) The technology Trade has the requirement of Currency. But in reality the trade originated currency. And currency is an invention to improve trade.

I think that if you change both things the game improves in balance and gives more importance to trade routes.

martin