Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15841) suggested improvements to pregame dialog

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15841) suggested improvements to pregame dialog
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:42:29 -0800

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

>  - isn't it possible for the popdown menu to remain even though
> we don't keep the mouse down? seems a bit odd the way it is.

I have no idea; that's a question for vasco.

>  - 'toggle ready' on a single player starts the game... not
> entirely intuitive

Hmm?  If you're the only player in the game, the button should say
"Start game".  Are you saying the menu should say that also?

>  - i think we should display a flag in the pregame dialog when a player
> has chosen a nation

Space is the major issue here.  Some tilesets have big flags.

>  - perhaps 'observe this player' should be grayed out when inapplicable
> (eg when only one player present)

It's not supposed to be displayed at all when inapplicable.  When is it
being shown that it's inapplicable?  If there's one player present you
can observe him...

>  - apparently you can't pick a nation for an AI you are observing then
> 'pick nation' should be grayed out

If you have ctrl access you're supposed to be able to pick nation for
anyone.

>  - you can't move from observing one player to observing all since the
> observe button is replaced by the take button

This is a space issue.  There just isn't room for 2 buttons.

-jason