Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15818) LAN tab shows servers we can't join

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15818) LAN tab shows servers we can't join
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:38:58 -0800

The LAN tab shows servers that have capabilities that don't allow us to
join them.  Attempting to join one gets you instantly cut and boots you
back to the start screen.

It may be desirable to show such servers, since otherwise the user might
be confused as to why it doesn't show up.  But the behavior when trying
to join such a server is certainly not desirable.

Probably when you try to join a server with a mismatch cap you should
get a nice little dialog telling you the error.  And you should be sent
back to the page you started in.

-jason